// you’re reading...

Actors/Actresses

Doc Martin to make series 6 house call in 2013

Bad news for patients, but good news for fans of Dr. Martin Ellingham came Monday with the announcement by ITV that the Martin Clunes series, Doc Martin, has been renewed for a sixth series comprised of eight episodes. According to the ITV Press Centre, all regular cast members will all but take over the fictional town of Portwenn when filming begins next spring on location in the coastal town of Port Isaac.

For those that remember the ending of series 5, the Doc has, once again, reconciled with his long-time love interest Louisa Glasson (Caroline Catz) after rescuing their son James from pharmacist Mrs. Tishell. Clunes recently mixed happiness with a bit of wondering out loud when thinking of his return to Cornwall to film another series. Clunes gave a few hints as to the direction the next set of programs by saying, “Our challenge this season will be to force Louisa and the doctor to live together with Baby James which as far as I can see has disaster written all over it. And then there’s the dog and Dame Eileen but not necessarily in that order!

Look for Doc Martin 6 in the Fall of 2013 on ITV in the UK and on public television stations nationwide, most likely, in January 2014.

Discussion

20 Responses to “Doc Martin to make series 6 house call in 2013”

1. Awesome, I love Doc Martin.

Posted by carrieanna | October 24, 2012, 6:37 pm
  2. love the doc.where does england get all there wonderful shows?

Posted by John Blake | December 12, 2012, 2:57 pm
  3. I am always sad when the weekly show is over. I look forward to Doc Martin every Saturday. I look forward to the beginning of season six. I love Doc Martin.

Posted by lucerne granbery | January 19, 2013, 10:40 pm
  4. A wonderful show. Just hope Series 6 comes to Oz quickly.

Posted by Geoff Probyn | January 26, 2013, 10:12 pm
  5. doc martin great show plz come back on pbs……

Posted by Deanna Feierstein | February 10, 2013, 11:30 pm
  6. We are watching the entire series a second time through! Love Doc Martin and look forward to season 6. So glad it is on NetFlix and freely available on Hulu.com in the US!

Posted by Judy Kuster | March 9, 2013, 4:37 pm
  7. I’ve seen the whole series now on Netflix….it is just awesome…I watch late at night, and then I sleep peacefully all night long. There. Enough said. ;)

Posted by Karla J. Fox | April 9, 2013, 12:11 pm
  8. I am addicted to Doc Martin. When I hear the music and see the little boats bobbing up and down in the harbor, I feel content, like when I am with a close friend. When will it be aired again in CA?

Posted by lbass | April 18, 2013, 11:14 pm
  9. Best show ever, came up on it by accident while channel surfing and now cant stop watching it. i bought all five seasons and watch them all the time. love all the characters and the scenery couldnt be more beutiful. hope there will be season 6 and beyond. its a classic.

Posted by diabloss07 | April 23, 2013, 8:47 pm
  10. so excited for season 6!

Posted by Shawna Webb Tripp | May 6, 2013, 3:44 pm
  11. Hurry…we in the states await series 6!

Posted by trross2000 | May 13, 2013, 10:30 pm
  12. Fantastic show!

Posted by poljunkie | May 17, 2013, 10:51 pm
  13. I love, love, love this series. Have watched series from day one and it always delivers.
    Martin Clunes is the best!

Aside….For M. Clunes fans….If you haven’t caught his other PBS series, check out ~William and Mary.~
    It has televised here in the states about a year ago and recently PBS did the re-runs.
    Clunes plays a morticitan and falls in love with a mid-wife with teenage children. The trials and tribulations they go through. Another great cast.

Posted by JustTheFacts | June 10, 2013, 1:26 pm
  14. Please bring series six to the fans in Indiana! We love the show and all the characters. Love the Doc, Louisa, and baby James Henry. All I do is watch reruns but love them all!!!

Posted by Debbie Bowling | September 2, 2013, 5:59 pm
  15. Yahoo!

Posted by Tamara Taitano | October 31, 2013, 8:14 pm
  16. I found Doc Martin on Netflix. Hope I will be able to see season six, but not sure if it will be on in Chattanooga TN.

Posted by Linda Quinn | December 1, 2013, 9:13 am
  17. We have been watching Doc Martin on Netflix and love it. Hopefully another season will prevail for Netflix.

Posted by IMHO | May 6, 2014, 1:49 pm